FormatSheet 1: Pen and India ink on cream Strathmore board.
Sheet 2: Green colored pencil on cream paper.
Dimensions37.2 cm W x 37 cm H (Item)
21 cm W x 32.4 cm H (Platemark or image size)
Sheet One: Original illustrations and layout for page 7, excluding text, for The Morton Arboretum Forest Nature Trail Guide booklet. Key lines included.
Illustrated stumps with numbers indicate points of interest along trail as seen on trail map.
Tree stump #14: Wild Black Cherry
Identifying characteristics for berries and leaves illustrated to the right.
Tree stump #15: The Edge of the Forest
Illustrated to the right includes plants associated with the forest edge
- Generalized illustration of a row of trees
- Identifying characteristics of blackberry, plum, hawthorn, crab, and gooseberry thorns
- Identifying characteristics of chokecherry and sumac leaves
- Identifying characteristics of rose, black berry, plum, and crab flowers
- Identifying characteristics of rose, black berry, plum, and crab fruits
Tree stump #16: The Mint Family
Identifying characteristics for a two-lipped flower, square stem, and opposite leaves illustrated to the right.
Sheet Two: Preliminary sketch of green-colored illustrations.