Long-tailed field mouse
Dimensions3 cm W x 7 cm H (Platemark or image size)
15 cm W x 11 cm H (Item)
DescriptionModern prints by R. Hunter Middleton.
White line wood engraving, black ink, on Japanese paper
Long-tailed field mouse: mouse in grass.
Information about the printing of these wood engravings on the occasion of a Thomas Bewick meeting on December 16, 1943, for members of the Society of Typographic Arts printed in black ink on insert.
- The figures of Bewick's quadrupeds. Newcastle, 1824.
- Thomas Bewick portfolio, containing twenty-four impressions printed directly from the original wood blocks engraved by the English master, Thomas Bewick at Newcastle-on-Tyne. Chicago, 1945. Plate no. 18
- 1800 woodcuts by Thomas Bewick and his school / with an introduction by Robert Hutchinson. New York, 1962. Plate 35 no. 7
- A portfolio of Thomas Bewick wood engravings : one hundred prints made from the original blocks engraved by Thomas Bewick / with an introduction by James M. Wells. [Chicago], 1970. Plate 91
- Referenced in: Hugo, Thomas. The Bewick Collector, 1970.